Recipe from the Chef Naledi Preparation Time: 1 Hour Serves: 5 Ingredients : 10 lamb tails...
LAMB KOFTA KEBABS
Recipe from Lamb and Mutton SA: Chef Naledi
Preparation Time : 1 hour Cooking Time : 20 minutes Serves : 6
- 500g minced meat
- 2Tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2Tbsp fine breadcrumbs
- 1egg beaten
- 1Tsp olive oil
- 1Tbsp steak spice
- 12 kebab sticks
- Handful coriander or thyme for garnish
- Pre heat oven to 180C
- In a large, bowl mix together all the ingredients
- Heat 1 Tbsp canola oil and fry a tiny bit of the minced meat to check for seasoning and adjust if necessary
- Divide the mixture into equal 4cm*2cm logs. Thread the logs into the kebab sticks lengthwise.
- Grease a baking tray with the remaining oil. Place the logs onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve warm.