Recipe from Meat Mynie
Preparation Time : 10 Minutes Cooking Time : 3 hrs 30 mins Serves : 4
- 4 Springbok Shanks
- Fresh Chillies to taste
- 3 onions, chopped in 6 chunks
- 8 carrots - chopped
- 1 celery stalk - chopped
- Bottle of red wine
- 1L Beef stock
- 2tbs Honey
- Bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Season the shanks and place a large, oven-proof, casserole dish on medium-high heat.
- Brown the shanks in a little olive oil, turning until the exteriors are nicely caramelised, then remove from the casserole dish and set aside.
- Pour in some olive oil and add the onions,...