Recipe from Karoo Family Favourites - Tinka Tawse
Preparation Time: 1 Hour Cooking Time: 3 Hour
- 750 g cubed stewing beef
- 45 ml olive oil
- 2,5 ml crushed black peppercorns
- 4 onions - chopped
- 12,5 ml red wine vinegar
- 12,5 ml green peppercorns
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed
- 12,5 ml cake flour
- 375ml beef stock
- Brown meat in oil.
- Set aside and season.
- Sauté onions in the same saucepan and add the vinegar to deglaze the brown bits.
- Add the garlic and peppercorns, stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Mix in flour.
- Add stock and meat, simmer slowly for 2-3 hours until tender.
- Spoon filling into pie dish and leave to...