Recipe from Karoo Family Favourites - Evette Holmes
Preparation Time : 12-24 Hours Cooking Time : 60 minutes Serves : 4
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 beef stock cube
- 190 ml boiling water
- 45 ml fruit chutney
- 125ml tomato purée
- 45 ml lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ml dried sage
- 60 ml brown sugar
- 30 ml worcestershire sauce
- 10 ml mustard powder
- 1,5 kg pork spareribs, cut into portions
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry garlic and onions for 3 minutes.
- Dissolve stock cube in boiling water and add to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients, except spareribs.