Recipe from Meat Mynie Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 2 Hours Serves: 4 Ingredients : 1 x 1.4kg lamb...
Indian spiced leg of lamb
Recipe from Meat Mynie
Preparation Time : 8 hours Cooking Time : 3 hours Serves : 6
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 60ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 120g Greek yogurt
- 5cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
- 5ml (1 tsp) freshly ground black pepper
- 5ml (1 tsp) Madras curry powder
- 10ml (2 tsp) dry chilli flakes
- 15ml (1 tbsp) tomato sauce
- 10ml (2 tsp) salt
- 60ml (4 tbsp) brown sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 leg of lamb, weighing about 2.5kg
- Place the garlic, oil, yogurt, ginger, coriander, pepper, curry powder, chilli, tomato sauce, salt, sugar and lemon in a large bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pierce the lamb leg in random spots all over and pour the marinade over the meat, ensuring all surfaces are covered.
- Cover with cling film, place the meat in the fridge and leave to marinate at least 8 hours but preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- Remove the clingfilm and place the meat in an oiled roasting tray.
- Cook in the oven for 2 hours. Check that the meat cooks evenly, otherwise you’ll need to turn the tray around halfway through.
- Crank up the heat to 200ºC and cook for another 30 mins.
- The lamb should have formed a golden, crisp crust.
- Switch off the oven and leave the lamb in there for another 30 minutes, then serve.