Terms and Conditions
The promoter is Made in the Karoo, trading as Die Hoek Boerdery registration number 200706194723.
Any participant taking part in this competition accept and agree that they have read and consider these Terms and Conditions and that they are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
By complying with the entry requirements the winners will each receive 1 of 3 prizes.
- First prize: Whole Lamb worth R2 500.
- Second prize: Karoo Hamper worth R1000.
- Third prize: Karoo Hamper worth R500.
- The Artistic Sheep (hidden word) Competition will run from 1 September 2020 to 31 October 2020.
- Made in the Karoo reserves the right (on its sole and absolute discretion) to extend, shorten, suspend the time period of the competition or terminate the competition for technical, commercial, and/or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control.
To take part in this competition, the participant must comply with all of the following requirements:
- Browse through the entire Made in the Karoo website (www.madeinthekaroo.co.za) to find all 5 artistic sheep with hidden letters to create the winning word, to stand a chance of winning 1 of 3 Prizes up to the value of R4000. Participants must register their winning word on or before 31 October 2020, under the Competition section of the website (www.madeinthekaroo.co.za). Any registrations done after the closing date will not be accepted.
- the Participants must ensure that their contact details on the system are correct at the time of entry.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Any eligible natural person who is 18 years or older,
- No director, employee, agent or consultant of:
- any other subsidiary or associated person who controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
- the supplier of goods or services in connection with the competition; or
- the marketer of the competition; and/ or Agencies of the promoter or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, may enter this competition.
- The right of admission into the competition rests solely with the Promoter.
- The prize is not transferrable and may not be exchanged for cash or any other items. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize/s with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
- The value of the prize, jointly and severally, includes VAT.
- A Successful Participant will be requested to produce their Identification Document and failure to produce such identification will result in the Participant being disqualified from the Competition and will forfeit the prize.
- If the winner/s fail/s to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the prize, the winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize
Promoter and its service providers, are not responsible for:
- incorrect and inaccurate transcription of entry information;
- technical malfunction;
- inappropriate images and comments posted by the entry or by the public;
- lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network or computer equipment or software; and/or
- the inability to access any website or online services or any other error.
- By entering this Competition, the Participant consents to the collection, processing and further processing of his or her personal information (including personal information contained in electronic communications) by the Promoter for the purposes of conducting this competition and facilitating the participant’s participation in the competition. Except where prohibited by law or objected to by the individual at any time, each winner grants permission for the Promoter, including to use his or her name for purposes of announcing the winners for this competition and related advertising purposes, in any form of media and without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- By posting any content, images, or comments on any of the Promoter’s public and/or social media platform or by sending any such content to the Promoter, a Participant consent to and gives the Promoter a world-wide royalty free licence to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish such content, images or comments for the purposes of promoting the Promoter’s products and/or services.
- The winners will be selected after the closing date of the competition. The winners will be selected by an independent individual where a legally audited selection will take place.
- The winner will either be informed by email if they have won.
- The Promoter reserves the right to draw another winner should it be unable to reach the winner after three (3) days from initial contact.
- Should the Participant refuse to comply with this rule for any reason then the Participant shall be deemed to have rejected the prize, and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
- Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including without limitations, through the manipulation of code or otherwise falsifying data.
- Should any dispute arise in relation to these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter’s decision be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- For more information or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, please visit www.madeinthekaroo.co.za. Any competition related queries may be directed to 0846800333 or email them on email@example.com from Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.